Reminder in re to Juniors
We would just like to remind everyone of some basic rules while on our premises:
- All juniors Under 16 must be supervised by parent/guardian while on the premises with the exception of when they are at coaching as per Tennis Ireland and Irish Squash Child Protection policies
- All juniors U16 can sit either in the junior room or in the lounge extension, but again must be supervised by a parent/guardian while they are there
- Newly refurbished lounge area is off limits for all juniors U16
DLTC Summer League Update
The round robin stage of DLTC Summer League 2022 finishes this week.
The Ladies finished this stage of the League on Tuesday 7th & Wednesday 8th June with all 8 ladies teams winning their matches. Congratulations to all the team captains, players and subs who got the teams over the line this week.
Congratulations to SLTC Ladies 6th (Class 5) captained by Linda O Flaherty and SLTC Ladies 7th (Class 7) captained by Suzanne Barry who have qualified for the play-off stage which begin next week. Details of the match opponents and venues will issue when confirmed by DLTC
Our Ladies 1st team returned to Premier League this summer and narrowly missed qualifying for the Final. They finished on 14 points just one point behind the finalists Malahide 1 and David Lloyd 1 who tied for 1st and 2nd place on 15 points.
The last stage of the Men’s Summer League round robins take place on Friday 10th and Friday 11th June. Best of luck to all our men’s teams who will be competing to gain valuable points this weekend.
A round up of the Men’s results will be available when the round robins are completed this weekend.
Summer League Home Matches - Friday 10 June & Saturday 11 June
Friday 10th June
7.30pm Mens Class 1 SLTC 1 v Sandycove 1
7.30pm Mens Class 3 SLTC 4 v Co Wicklow 1
Saturday 11th June
2pm Mens Class 5 SLTC 5 v Alsaa 1
Junior Team Tennis 2022
The junior team tennis competition is under way and we encourage parents to assist their children in organising their matches to ensure matches get played.
Match Format: Play 11 games with the 11th game being a tie-break to 7 win by 2 points.
Finals Day Tuesday June 28th
Don’t delay organise your matches and gain points for your team
Summer Tennis for juniors
There will be a programme of supervised activities for our junior members during July and August. This will include
· Tennis camps – open now for registration for members on www.smartclubcloud.com Online registration online
· Supervised organised play & tournaments
· The East of Ireland Junior Open 16 – 23 July
· Sutton LTC Junior Championships Mon 15h – Fri 19th August
· Fun events for all standards and age groups
Times and dates of all our activities will be communicated to parents when finalised.
Entering internal senior and junior competitions this summer
During the summer we will be holding our Junior and Senior Club Championship and summer handicap events.
Entry to all our internal competitive events are made online on ti.tournamentsoftware.com.
To enter any of our competitions all players, both senior and junior, need to register for a Tennis Ireland pin number and many of our members have done so already.
Registration is a once-off, free of charge registration via the Tennis Ireland website and can be done in 5 easy steps 1. Go to the Tennis Ireland website: https://www.tennisireland.ie and choose Competitions from the options on the Home page. You will be directed to the National Player Database Registration page
2. To register for the first time Select ‘Sign Up’ and follow the prompts on the website to set up your Tournament Software account.
3. When you have completed the 4 ‘set-up’ steps, you will receive an email to the address you have used. This email will contain your TI pin number and a link to activate your account
4. Please make note, for future use, of your Login Name and password for your Tennis Ireland Tournament Software account and your TI number as you will need these each time you enter an event online.
5. Payment for events when entering online, which is mandatory, can be made through your PayPal account (if you have one) or by credit card. To pay by credit card option, scroll down the screen past the PayPal option.
Existing account holders
1. Login in to your tennis Ireland account by following Step 1 above and selecting the ‘Login’ option to access your account.
2. If you have forgotten your login username or password there are options to request your login username and/or reset password.
Players experiencing difficulties can contact Orna Morrissey on 086 8636824 or by email at email@example.com
Summer Tennis Camps
All our summer tennis camps are available to members to sign up online. Sign up is only on www.smartclubcloud.com Members have first preference on all camps.
July 4th - 8th 10am – 1.30pm Ages 7yrs – 12yrs (limited places for non-members))
July 11th - 15th 2pm – 5pm East of Ireland training camp - Members Only
For players competing in Open tournaments
July 25th - 29th 2pm – 5pm Tournament Squad Camp - Members Only
For players competing in Open tournaments
August 2nd - 5th 10am – 1.30pm Ages 7yrs – 12yrs 4 day camp
August 2nd - 5th 2pm – 4pm Ages 5yrs – 7yrs 4 day camp August 8th - 12th Pre Junior Club Champs Camp – Members only
10am – 1.30pm Ages 7yrs – 12yrs August 22nd - 26th 10am – 1.30pm Ages 7yrs – 12 yrs (Limited places for non-members)
Junior and Senior OpensLoads of events going on now and through the summer. Check out what's coming up herehttps://ti.tournamentsoftware.com/find?StatusFilterID=2&DateFilterType=0&StartDate=2022-05-25&EndDate=2023-06-08&page=1
Glasnevin Junior OpenWell done to James McGoldrick who reached the final of the Boys 14 singles. James came really close in the final missing out in a champ tie break
EAST OF IRELAND JUNIOR SQUASH OPEN 202213th - 14th AUGUSTSUTTON LTCENTER HERE
https://nam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsportyhq.com%2Fxn6mx&data=05%7C01%7C%7C7c1d2c6e15f64fee32f208da449b2ca5%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637897730509097879%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=mUTBSya9D0Ouh5%2BQXblEeyeudUk%2Bbn6L5ka04VJQEvQ%3D&reserved=0We welcome the East of Ireland Junior Squash Open once again after a long break. This event is suitable for all of our Squash Juniors.We will be holding 3 weeks of Summer Squash Camps this summer and the East of Ireland will fall after the first 2.This is a great way to prepare for the season starting in September.
Gym Booking system
Can all members using the gym please ensure they use the My Courts booking system to book their gym slot prior to arrival.
There is now Yoga on the gym class timetable. It is currently running on Monday @5pm & Tuesday @12pm.
Personal training is available in the gym. If interested contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Gym Tip of the week
Not seeing the progress you want? use the following link to help calculate your calorie intake. This is a guide that may help you to take another step closer to your goal. It is only a guide and may need to be tailored slightly if your goals are more advanced. If you are unsure or have any questions regarding the calculation then ask one of the instructors in the gym and we will be more than happy to help!https://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html
Summer Solstice - Tuesday Nights Tournament
After three rounds of the round-robins series the semi finalists for Tuesday 14th June @8pm are:
Joe Walsh/ Terry Donaghue v Eamonn Ryan/ Sean O'Dwyer
Kieran O'Mara/ Aidan Hillard v Bill Morrissey/ Gerry Lawlor
The finals are scheduled for Mid-Summer 21st June.